NEW BEGINNINGS OUTREACH CHURCH

a Non-Denominational Spirit Filled Church Preaching the Un-Compromised Word with Signs and Wonders Following
Senior Pastor: David Baines

302 N. 9th Ave.
Sterling, CO 80751
Ph: 970-580-0876 or 970-580-1756
rbaines59@msn.com

Senior Pastor David Baines

Senior Pastor David Baines

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sunday, September 16th

Clip from Services:


Topic: A Hunger For Supernatural Miracles

Scripture and Notes form Services (NKJV):

2 Kings 6:1 - 7
And the sons of the prophets said to Elisha, “See now, the place where we dwell with you is too small for us. Please, let us go to the Jordan, and let every man take a beam from there, and let us make there a place where we may dwell.”
So he answered, “Go.”
Then one said, “Please consent to go with your servants.”
And he answered, “I will go.” So he went with them. And when they came to the Jordan, they cut down trees. But as one was cutting down a tree, the iron ax head fell into the water; and he cried out and said, “Alas, master! For it was borrowed.”
So the man of God said, “Where did it fall?” And he showed him the place. So he cut off a stick, and threw it in there; and he made the iron float. Therefore he said, “Pick it up for yourself.” So he reached out his hand and took it.

Why do we need Miracles?
1. To communicate Gods heart of compassion or love.
2. God wants to demonstrate the  power of God through you.
3. To Increase the faith of people around you.
4. We need knowledge.
5. To get the Glory. We need to worship him.

John 4:23
23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

6. Let God Be God.
Rest in the Lord by casting your cares upon him.

Psalm 23
23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;

He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;

He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me

All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
Jeremiah 33:3
‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’

7. The Glory of God is the spiritual atmosphere of Heaven.

Psalm 40:1 - 5
40 I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,

Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
He has put a new song in my mouth—

Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust,
And does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works

Which You have done;
And Your thoughts toward us
Cannot be recounted to You in order;
If I would declare and speak of them,
They are more than can be numbered.

If you are interested in watching the entire service from this Sunday email or call us.  We can get a DVD put together for you to put in the mail or be ready for pick up.  Donations welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment